Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to communicate and incentivize your consumers to come back to you. The trick is to get them to sign up, and then provide meaningful content. In this post, we'll focus on the former.
Here's 20 tips for increasing your email sign ups...
1. Make sure that you have a sign up option on your website that features on all your pages, in the footer is a good idea!
2. Have an incentive to sign up, e.g. “10% off with your first purchase when you sign up to our newsletter”.
3. Let subscribers know what value they will get by signing up, e.g. is it regular, informative emails or is it exclusive discounts? How will they be rewarded for being a subscriber?
4. Develop a lead ad that offers a freebie in return for sign ups.
5. Add a newsletter sign up option on your check out page.
6. Turn a popular post into a lead magnet!
7. Use content locking: only let visitors see half of the content unless they sign up and get full access to the rest of the content.
8. Remind the user that they can unsubscribe at any time, so it’s a low risk decision to sign up.
9. Be strategic about where you feature your sign up option - is there a better way than just at the footer? How about in the middle of the homepage?
10. Run an opt in Facebook contest.
11. Make sure the content you’re using is evergreen and can be published everywhere, and then do exactly that!