Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to communicate and incentivize your consumers to come back to you. The trick is to get them to sign up, and then provide meaningful content. In this post, we'll focus on the former.
Here's 20 tips for increasing your email sign ups...
1. Make sure that you have a sign up option on your website that features on all your pages, in the footer is a good idea!
2. Have an incentive to sign up, e.g. “10% off with your first purchase when you sign up to our newsletter”.
3. Let subscribers know what value they will get by signing up, e.g. is it regular, informative emails or is it exclusive discounts? How will they be rewarded for being a subscriber?
4. Develop a lead ad that offers a freebie in return for sign ups.
5. Add a newsletter sign up option on your check out page.
6. Turn a popular post into a lead magnet!
7. Use content locking: only let visitors see half of the content unless they sign up and get full access to the rest of the content.
8. Remind the user that they can unsubscribe at any time, so it’s a low risk decision to sign up.
9. Be strategic about where you feature your sign up option - is there a better way than just at the footer? How about in the middle of the homepage?
10. Run an opt in Facebook contest.
11. Make sure the content you’re using is evergreen and can be published everywhere, and then do exactly that!
12. Use targeted Facebook ads to get the people that you want to sign up and who are going to sign up.
13. Utilise colour psychology to influence how people feel about your brand
14. Use social proof (people do what they see other people doing!).
15. Big up your testimonials on the benefits of your email campaigns.
16. Test a variety of different tactics to see what works best for you.
17. Use Pintrest to promote leads and incentives for sign ups
18. Guest blog for other sites and prove a call to action.
19. Optimise your social media bios with a link to your email sign ups.
20. Host an offline event and provide an incentive to sign up to the email there and then!
What you need to remember...
Be flexible, marketing is about finding out what works. That means experimenting, and experimenting often isn’t successful. Don’t be disheartened. Even if an attempt is not successful, that’s valuable knowledge going forward.
Really understand your customers and don’t be afraid of being niche. Understanding what makes them tick is the best way to attract your market. If they’re your ideal target market, they will want to buy from you.
If you need help, get help. The internet provides a wealth of resources. If you’d like to work directly with me, I offer customisable marketing packages here: https://www.meaningfulmarketing.org/custommarketingpackage